Applications are warmly invited to fill two vacant councillor positions that have arisen on the Parish Council.
Are you interested in being actively involved in:
- Local Climate & Nature Emergency issues
- Community Health initiatives
- Planning matters and the Built Environment
- The Natural Environment
- Roads and Transport
Basically, everything that impacts our local community.
The role of a Parish Councillor is to represent the interests of the whole community whilst taking an active role in the decision-making process.
Freshford Parish Council meetings are currently held at 7pm on the second Monday of every month, which councillors are required to attend.
Applications should be made in writing to Selina Jobson, Parish Clerk by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a short overview in support of your application, such as the experience and knowledge that you can bring to the role.
The Parish Council will consider all applications received at a formal PC meeting – the next PC meeting is on Monday 14th February. Applicants will have the opportunity to give a short introduction about themselves if they wish to.
The Small Print
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and a British citizen, or an eligible Commonwealth or EU citizen. Applicants must also meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- be registered on the electoral roll.
- have occupied, as owner or tenant, land, or other premises in the parish during the whole of the past 12 months.
- the main or only place of work during the past 12 months has been in the parish.
- have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the past 12 months.