When you contact us
The information you provide (personal information such as name, address, email address, phone number, organisation) will be processed and stored to enable us to contact you and respond to your correspondence, provide information and/or access our facilities and services.
Your personal information will be not shared or provided to any other third party.
The Councils Right to Process Information
General Data Protection Regulations Article 6 (1) (a) (b) and (e)
Processing is with consent of the data subject or
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in
the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Freshford Parish Council has a duty to ensure the security of personal data. We make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures and appropriate policies. Copies of these policies can be requested.
We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary, after which it will be deleted (you many request the deletion of your data held by Freshford Parish Council at any time).
When visiting our website, we will record the following information, in order to help us improve the browsing experience. We do not use this information for tracking purposes.
- IP address
- Operating system
We will not process any data relating to a child (under 13) without the express parental/guardian consent of the child concerned.
Access to Information
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you. You can do this by contacting our Data Controller, the Parish Council Clerk using the Contact the Parish Council link at the bottom of the page.
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you may contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate. Please contact the Parish Council Clerk using the Contact the Parish Council link at the bottom of the page.
If you wish Freshford Parish Council to delete the information about you please contact the Parish Council Clerk using the Contact the Parish Council link at the bottom of this page.
Right to Object
If you believe that your data is not being processed for the purpose it has been collected for, you may object: Please contact the Parish Council Clerk using the Contact the Parish Council link at the bottom of the page.
Rights Related to Automated Decision Making and Profiling
Freshford Parish Council does not use any form of automated decision making or the profiling of individual personal data.
In accordance with the law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for correspondence, information and service provision. We do not use profiling, we do not sell or pass your data to third parties. We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified. We make sure your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed to be no longer necessary. We constantly review our Privacy Policies to keep it up to date in protecting your data.
If you have a complaint regarding the way your personal data has been processed you may contact the Parish Council Clerk using the Contact the Parish Council link at the bottom of the page in the first instance, and make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office email@example.com Tel: 0303 123 1113.
- Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that could be used can be split into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables content to be personalised, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- The cookies we use
We use the following cookies :
- How you can block cookies
You may find further information on how to disable cookies or manage your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block or-allow-cookies –
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471