Home Parish Council Financial Community Infrastructure Levy

Community Infrastructure Levy

The Community Infrastructure Levy is a charge which the local authority places against new developments undertaken. It is basically £100 per square metre, for fuller detail visit the B&NES website

As a Neighbourhood Plan is in place, Freshford receives 25% of the CIL charged by BANES on developments undertaken within Freshford. The remaining 75% is retained by B&NES Council for expenditure on projects from the B&NES Infrastructure Delivery Programme.

There are guidelines as to how the Parish Council is allowed to spend the CIL monies received, which are outlined on the government web site: CIL Guidelines

It is a requirement of receipt of these funds that the PC publicises on its website how they were allocated within the parish, so this page details the funds received and how they are managed.

Below are PDF files providing the CIL Annual Reports from 2017-18 onwards.

29 September 2020
Last Updated
10 January 2023