Galleries Village Shop
Use it or Lose It!
We have an amazing community shop and café which is the envy of many villages. During Covid, Galleries was the rock that helped us all get through the crisis but in the last two years the Galleries turnover is down 10% whilst inflation is driving up costs. With energy costs rising fourfold the future of Galleries is at risk and, to survive, we now need your support. The management committee run a tight ship but last year the business broke even and this year we are forecasting a loss.
Furthermore, the grants that FLiSCA gives to the local community which comes from the profits from the shop will cease. We really need to come together as a village to secure the future of the shop but also enable this vital community support to continue.
What can you do to help?
- Please use the shop and the cafe more!
- If you don’t have an account at Galleries, please set one up. It only takes a few minutes and our lovely volunteers can help you.
- If you already have an account, please increase your monthly payment by 20% or more.
- Change your shopping patterns to include Galleries in your weekly shop.
- Tell your friends and neighbours about the great range of products and food at Galleries.
- Join our friendly family of volunteers by emailing Nanneke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give a 5* review of ‘Galleries Shop & Café’ on google and add your comments and pictures
Did you know?
- Experts say that a community shop adds 5% to the value of houses in the area.
- Galleries is 100% owned by FLiSCA, a local community charity, and its profits fund the £70,000 of grants that FLiSCA has awarded to local community groups and associations.
- Galleries stocks a wide range of locally sourced artisan foods at prices comparable to other locals shops and cafes.
- Our café’s coffee and cheese scones are rated as the best in the area.
Please support our community by supporting Galleries!