Applications are warmly invited to fill the vacant councillor position that has arisen on the Parish Council.
Are you interested in being actively involved in:
- Climate Emergency issues
- Community Health initiatives
- The Natural Environment
- Planning matters and the Built Environment
- Roads and Transport
- Basically, everything that impacts our local community.
The role of a Parish Councillor is to represent the interests of the whole community whilst taking an active role in the decision-making process.
Applications should be made in writing to Selina Jobson, Parish Clerk by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a short overview in support of your application, such as the experience and knowledge that you can bring to the role, by 5pm Friday 10th September 2021.
The Parish Council will consider all applications at its meeting on Monday 13th September. Applicants will have the opportunity to give a short introduction about themselves if they wish to.
Freshford Parish Council meetings are currently held at 7pm on the second Monday of every month.
The Small Print
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and a British citizen, or an eligible Commonwealth or EU citizen. Applicants must also meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- be registered on the electoral roll.
- have occupied, as owner or tenant, land, or other premises in the parish during the whole of the past 12 months.
- the main or only place of work during the past 12 months has been in the parish.
- have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the past 12 months.