Freshford Village Memorial Hall
Friday, January 13th 3:30pm
The Trustees of the Village Hall cordially invite you to attend a re-opening of the newly refurbished Freshford Village Memorial Hall together with the unfurling of the new Community Flag on 13th January at 3:30pm. Refreshments will be provided.
- The new external envelope of the Freshford Village Memorial Hall was designed by the architects Hewitt Studios. The contractors Apeiron Homes Ltd commenced the works in the summer of 2022 with completion this month. The works comprised:
- The masonry walls have been overclad with cedar shingles and 100mm insulation.
- Installation of triple glazed windows
- New doors to the rear and side
- Replacement of the 1960s warm-air oil boiler system in the hall with 8 electrically powered warm air heat pumps.
- The heat pumps in combination with the additional insulation and triple glazing will reduce the hall’s carbon footprint by about 90%.
- The completed works form part of the trustees’ vision to enhance and modernise the Freshford Village Memorial Hall facility to provide a welcoming, attractive and sustainable community hub complementing its outstanding rural setting. The works were permitted through the Hall’s Community Right to Build Order.
The cost of the project was approximately 250,000 pounds which was raised from generous donors whom we would like to thank:
B&NES CIL Fund
The Medlock Charitable Trust
Postcode Local Trust
The Bernard Sunley Foundation
BWCE Fund Quartet
Freshford Parish Council
The Garfield Weston Trust
The Cobalt Trust
The Rank Foundation
The Community Flag
A competition was arranged at Freshford Village School to design a flag to represent the community. Over 50 entries were received and these were shortlisted by a panel of judges to 5 which were then put on display in the Galleries shop allowing people to vote for their favourite. Over 200 votes were cast and the winner was by 9 year old William Childs. This design has now been made into a beautiful flag which will be unfurled by William at the same ceremony.
We look forward to seeing you on the 13th.
Freshford Village Hall Trustees.